Santanoni Range 3/9/13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuiethikergirlJ

Reaction score
Saturday, March 9

Started out going up to times square with trail slightly crispy, crunchy under our loud snowshoes, popping. No trail to be broken out here. Up to Panther first, views were just gorgeous, still large clumps of snow on the tiny pine trees, looked like little snow munchkins. Then down over to Couchy, non-eventful, tough climb coming back. I don't usually use televators, but used them on this trail going back up to Times Square. Then up to Santanoni, a very viewful hike up, can't help yourself forever looking back where you came from. Snow starting to clump up under your snowshoes now and then, nothing a couple whacks with your poles can't take off.

Then the adventure begins:) Bushwacked the new new trail back, think the plan was to break out the Express Trail but we were off the mark so spruce trap territory we were in, no one was hurt and we all had great exercize, seemed that bushwack took longer than the whole hike to get to Santa but I may be wrong. We made it down and not long after found the marked trail. Back without headlamps but was dark enough to use them, we just didn't want to. I think we left about 6:45 a.m. and back around 6 something.

Was glad to get my Winter Santanoni range completed with the best conditions you could want, clear skies, crisp snow, warm temps:) A good time was had by all.
Jeanne