Santanoni range

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rejean

Reaction score
Someone know if the trail and the herd path had been used this winter?

We are a big group from Mtl and Quebec who plan to hike the 3 summits
next saturday (january 16th).

Bon travail Rejean.

Now for sure no one's going to be doing the Santas until AFTER the 16th.

Bon travail Rejean.

Now for sure no one's going to be doing the Santas until AFTER the 16th.

No problem Neil, we have Oncoman in the group, one of the only hiker
who can hike 24 hours without a lunch,water,etc....Let's go gang.

No problem Neil, we have Oncoman in the group, one of the only hiker
who can hike 24 hours without a lunch,water,etc....Let's go gang.

Santanonis with rejean and pierre brings back fond memories.

A group of us where there yesterday, we broke out trail to about 300' from the top from bradly pond up panther brook.. Enjoy but top has about 2-3 ft of deep snow. Enjoy and I hope it doesn't snow to much so you all can use our hard work.:D

Sylvie and I made it the rest of the way to Santa today and just for fun I told her there was a new trail along the ridge leading to the slide. I must have said 100 times, "I think I see it just up ahead".

The snow was navel deep and the cripple brush brutal but hey Oncoman, you have a packed trail all the way to the EB Slide now. (And I'm sleeping in the guest room tonight).

Haha! Had you going didn't I? :D

Rejean....just a few extra notes. I was with viewseeker on Saturday. Assuming there's not much additional snow this week you should have a great broken out path to follow. We did attempt to go up the "new/old" trail up Santanoni, but did not make it far and quickly turned around. So if you see our tracks...don't head that way as we didn't get very far. We made it just short of Times Square. Where we turned around there is quite the wall of snow that still need breaking through. It looked like all the snow has just been blowing down off the ridge and piling up between two pine trees.
Hope you still get to take advantage of the broken trail next week!