Santanoni's

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grasshopper

Reaction score
Drove up friday to take advantage of great weather.two of the four hadn't paid a vist to the santa's so off we headed.I warned them about the mud as I didn't want to be blamed for them being scared for life.The mud was as usual but the day was so nice no one minded.the air was crisp and clear and the sun was warm on our backs.We set up camp just past the cliffs about 5 min from panther brook,then headed up the ridge and over to panther to soak in the sun.We thought about santanoni but were too content lying about in the sun.we spent a very nice eve in camp trading mountain stories.one guy has climbed all over s. america another rainier x 2 and myself and partner have climbed around the north east quite a bit with a few visits out west.We had a nice clear night.Headed up ridge and over to couch first to let ice melt a little on santanoni.By the time we headed up santanoni we didn't need crampons as the ice was loose and wet,could be kicked loose or climbed around trees were wet with recent snow that was melting.Winter isn't far off.The clouds were closing in as we headed down.We broke camp and headed out in the snow that soon turned to a steady rain at lower elevations.All in all a great trip with old and new friends.The santanonie's are as beautiful and rugged as always.
Run me out in the cold rain and snow (GD) or sunshine daydream.

Grasshopper, I couldn't quite decipher some of your prose, but I know that the Santanonis are a great trip. It sounds like the weather was beautiful. It is one hell of a muddy trail.