Shore Owners Trail to Moose(St Armand Mtn)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peakbagr

Reaction score
Climbed McKenzie via the trail that leaves the golf course road and then descended the Shore Owners Trail to Lakeside trail and back to the car. The only problem is that while its easy enough to find your way back to the trailhead, we'd like to climb Moose(St Armand Mtn) from the Lakeshore trail.
Following the Lakeshore trail as it weaves in and out of private property made me uncomfortable.

Anyone have surefire directions as to where to pick up the Lakeshore trail when we climb Moose Mtn?

Thanks,
PB

Very, very, very. very good question. I've been over it a half dozen times but only from the side you were on. The private land made me a little uncomfortable too. I could find it easy enough but are we allowed too.

My only suggestion would be to approach the SOA trail from Whiteface Landing and take the long walk around the lake. Then check out Eagle Eyrie while your there. This side of the trail is a little tricky in the swampy area, but if you look ahead for the markers you'll be ok. Right now it might be a little soggy.