Short Vermont hike

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lamerunner

Reaction score
Hello; I am going to be in the Brattleboro , VT area later this week, and i wondered if there was a short interesting hike in that area.(ie 3-5 miles)

Any sugggestions??

thanks

Last edited:
How far are you willing to drive away from there?

Monadnock in NH is always a fun one, about 45 minutes away.

There is Stratton Mt. in vermont, about 1 hour.

Mt. Glastonbury is i think about 35 mins from there.

To the south is Mt. Toby in Mass which has a fire tower, and nearby falls.

Just some ideas...

-percious

Mt. Olga is fun from Molly Stark State Park, about 15 mi west on Rte. 9. It's only a couple mile RT, though, and an easy 2 hr. walk.

Bald Mt. is in Townshend State Park, about the same distance up Rte. 30. It's a little longer, maybe 3 1/2 miles on a loop, figure 3 hrs.

It's not really far to the AT/Long Trail out Rte. 9 west, also. Harmon Hill is to the South, and Glastonbury Mt. to the north.

Have fun!

Isn't Mt Wantastiquet right there across the river? I haven't been there but have seen it on the map & it sounds somewhat interesting. ( http://www.chesterfieldoutdoors.com/plands/wantas.html )

There's also Chesterfield Gorge on Rt 9 (about halfway between Keene and the VT border, I think), should be lots of water flowing with all this rain; that's a neat spot.

props for putney mountain? it's only 20 minutes from bratt, a very short hike, but there are great views on a clear day. to the east it's monadnock, and to the northwest there's stratton, mount snow, and bromley, with other hills and dales all over the place. pm me for directions, i know my way around pretty well...because i live on putney mountain wa ha HA!!!