Slide - Catskills

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medic108

Reaction score
Planning for hike on Friday. Anyone know of the current conditions in that cats - snow/ice if any at higher elevations ? Thanks.

medic108 said:
Planning for hike on Friday. Anyone know of the current conditions in that cats - snow/ice if any at higher elevations ? Thanks.
I was on Hunter yesterday and there was no snow/ice at all on the trails. I imagine the same on Slide.

Thanks

Thanks Rivet - thats good to hear. (although I like to snow and ice climbs !)

Wow, goes fast. I was on Stoppel Point on 11/13 and there was 3-4 inches on the Escarpment Trail! I guess a few warmer days and a little rain makes a big difference!

Weather

sure does. of course the forecast calls for rain mid-week and cold temps. so i am expecting some snow up there on friday if that happens. hunter forecast calls for night temps in the 20's and friday day temp in low 30's so who know for sure..

Hey Medic. You might have better luck throwing a post like this on the "Q&A" forum and giving the thread a title like "Question about Catskills/Slide weather." Placing it in the "Trip Reports" forum makes it look like you're reporting on a hike you just did on Slide. Good luck on your hike.

Matt

Hike

absolutely appropriate - I actuall realized I posted in the wrong place after it was out there and decided to let it ride. I will try the other thread as well. thanks
medic 108

Change of Plans

Change of plans....decided that we could not make it down to Slide, do the hike the right way and return in time for my brother in laws schedule. SO, we decided we will do Thomas Cole and the Blacks which is a bit closer to our location upstate.

Thanks for everyones advice...the slide info will be held and we plan to do that in a few weeks.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.