SLide Mountain Loop Camping

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course you're right Tony, permits are required for 10-12 persons. I shouldn't make post when I'm that tired. The permit system is a pet subject of mine and I continue to collect anecdotal experiences from any source I can. I just heard another interesting one on Saturday that indicates to me that the State might be relaxing their proceedures a bit, which is good to see.
I still hold out hope that they will re-write the system to make it more workable in today's world. The DEC admits the system is poor, but I idon't see any progress yet.
Again, glad you had a great trip. Thats is truly one of the finest loops in the Catskills.
Happy Hiking,
Tom

Glad you had a great time. I eyeballed that campsite in the col between Slide and Cornell a few weeks ago. It must have been great. The night I was there was way too windy to be that exposed. That spring is amazing, the amount of water that comes out that high up the mountain, its at what like 3800'.