Slr camera on a winter's hike/climb

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Percious - glad you got it figured out. I somehow missed your request for a more detailed picture of how I have it slung.

Only thing I changed for the new strap that goes across my chest to the left shoulder strap was to move the carabiner from the top to the bag. This makes it easier to see to clip/unclip the strap and also means that when unclipped I don't have a strap hanging from the camera bag.

It's a work in progress, but sure helps distribute the weight more evenly. Thanks again to Bob[andGeri] for the tip.

Of course, if you use a smaller camera this isn't an issue...

cameras2.jpg

Bob

I wouldn't bother buying a new treking pole to get a mono pod unless you need new treking poles. I carry a $9.00 "ultrpod" from campmor. It's a mini tri pod and has a long piece of velco attached. The velcro would easily attatch to you current pole or to a tree to take those timered summit shot with everybody in the picture ;)
http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/BannerManager?adv=670227&prod=606

I'll second the Ultrapod. I have one and it works great. Weighs pretty much nothing.