Snowmobile routes--Jericho Road and Rocky Branch Tr?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PamolaPat

Reaction score
Hi everyone--
I have a quick question. I'm thinking of XC skiing up Jericho Rd off 302 below Crawford Notch, and on up the Rocky Branch trail. Does anyone know whether snowmobiles frequent this road/trail? Thank you in advance for any advice!

Pat

Thanks for the info, guys. Chip, what was the condition of the trail? A pdf linked to in the page DougPaul pointed out makes it look like you were breaking the law by being up there. Any advice on whether it's actually passable safely?

BTW, DougPaul, I grew up in Bedford.

Thanks for the info, guys. Chip, what was the condition of the trail? A pdf linked to in the page DougPaul pointed out makes it look like you were breaking the law by being up there. Any advice on whether it's actually passable safely?
Sorry, I don't know the details. You might be able to get them from the Forest Service.

BTW, DougPaul, I grew up in Bedford.
I'm a relative newcomer--only been here ~6 years.

Doug

Thank guys. I called the Saco Ranger Station and they confirmed that the southern 2/3 of the Rocky Branch Tr is closed. Not sure what the consequences would be for going up there anyway, but I'll be leading a group and I want to minimize surprises.

Pat

Thank guys. I called the Saco Ranger Station and they confirmed that the southern 2/3 of the Rocky Branch Tr is closed. Not sure what the consequences would be for going up there anyway, but I'll be leading a group and I want to minimize surprises.
I hiked the RBT as far as junction with the Stairs Col Tr a number of years ago. There is a bridge over the Rocky Branch River right at the start (from the summer trailhead), a number of streams crossing the trail, and the trail is close to the RB River in a number of spots. All potential problem sites for water damage...

Doug