Snowshoe bindings, Tubbs

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Tubbs Pinnacle series with the bear hug binding that I really like, purchased last year and only used 6x. Only problem I have is I bought the 30 inch which I find is too large for me. I weigh 160 and find them over kill. I am looking to sell these and purchase a 25". Anyone interested???
Snow is comin,
Happy Trails :)

Sticks

Snowshoes

Hi there - Just wanted to add my "2 cents worth" to the snowshoe debate. Having winter hiked/mountaineered for the past 26 years, I have been through my fair share of snowshoes. Starting with the classic Sherpa 'Featherweights' that I was so proud of when I was 18 yrs old. I've had them re-laced but that's it. The next set are the Atlas 'Backcountry'? (They are the yellow ones with the plastic ladder straps designed for snowboard or plastic boots). They are great for tromping along as they are springy and the deck doesn't snow load. My favorite "shoes" are the MSR "Denali-Classic". I have 2 pair of them-one set that I use and another set with tails to introduce misc. friends to winter hiking. They are bomb-proof, mitten friendly with big tabs on the straps, they grip up-hill, down-hill and even on side-slope traverses with-out the tails slipping out as found with the other types of snowshoes. The 'Denali Ascents' are the improved version and I've been told that they are awesome. Take care. May we be blessed with tons of snow!!