Snowshoe/hillclimb/race !

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tahawus

Reaction score
Mad River Glen is having a snowshoe hill climb event if anyone is interested. I think it is this Saturday at 10am and has a ten dollar admission fee. I have no other details.

I might be interested in this even though I have no expectation that I could keep up with the racers. Unfortunately I have to work that afternoon. It is worth going even if it is only for the drive over the gap.

keep us posted!

I cannot change my weekends plans this time, but keep us posted on future events of the same sort!!

It sounds like a cool adventure and maybe a chance to meet others of like-mind! Will there be similar events in the near future?

Have fun!
:D

snowshoe

All, i have been doing snowshoe racing for a few years now. Gore Mt. had a 5 mile race last weekend. Even the winner walked a lot of the uphill, and the last place runner was less than 30 minutes behine the winner. Flat courses are obviously faster. Each year for the last few, there has been a race from the trailhead of Blue Mt. Lake to the summit, and back to the trailhead. Brutal! But a great race. Took me a little less than an hour and a half, and i finish in the middle of the pack. Keep you in shape for Prospect Mt., Whitefase and Mt. Washington road races.

here is a link for a race schedule -http://runwmac.com/snowshoes/schedule.htm-

Also check out the upcoming events page on the Adk Sports and Fitness website - www.adksportsfitness.com.

Snowshoe racing is among the most enjoyable things i have gotten into recently. For those in the Albany/Saratoga region, the Saratoga Winterfest 5k race is one of the best. February 1, at the State Park.

Enjoy.

RVT

Oooo, a race up Blue Mt, that sounds intrigueing. Blue Mt was probably my first winter peak. I went up it back in the '70s when I was in boarding school in that area. We had wooden x-c skis and at least two people broke theirs on the trail.

It would be circular to revisit the MT.

here is the info.

i heard they were having a problem getting someone to run the event, so you should probably call to confirm the details. I will not be running this year. Carribean cruise. Bummer(well, no).

It is a brutal course. Very fun event.

Sunday February 15th, 2004; Le Shoe de Blue Snowshoe Race. Blue Mountain Lake, N.Y. Tom Warrington, 518-352-7732.
RVT