South Moat

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sierra

Reaction score
South Moat on 12-15-22. This was #20 for me and my dog Shays' second round of the 52wav list. This is a nice hike, pleasant woods, open ledges and steep in the middle, for 2.2 miles its rises 2200 ft. Nice summit as well, plenty to take in with 360-degree views. So glad it's now snowing. My brand new Hillshounds from last year are now my rock spikes. 20 peaks in the last two months in boney conditions. Yay snowshoes!!!!!!

South Moat on 12-15-22. This was #20 for me and my dog Shays' second round of the 52wav list. This is a nice hike, pleasant woods, open ledges and steep in the middle, for 2.2 miles its rises 2200 ft. Nice summit as well, plenty to take in with 360-degree views. So glad it's now snowing. My brand new Hillshounds from last year are now my rock spikes. 20 peaks in the last two months in boney conditions. Yay snowshoes!!!!!!

Agree on that re-route at the steep section before you get to the long slab sections. It's way out of the way and is way rockier than the original route. The lower re-routing was done really well. The lot is much nicer than having to park alongside the road like you had to before they did the major re-route that added about .5 miles (further down Passaconway Road) to the overall trail length.