South Shore Massachusetts Sunrise Views

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomahawk

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have been thinking a lot about getting up early to watch the sun rise every morning and need some cool spots to go. The criteria would be somewhere not too difficult to get to in the dark, not too far of a walk, and a great view of the East. I know a few spots such as Quincy Quarries and the Blue Hills but I want to try a bunch of different places. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

-Tomahawk

A few off the top of my head....

Manomet Point in Plymouth. Good views (on a clear morning) of Cape Cod, Provincetown, the cliffs of Manomet and south Plymouth, as well as Duxbury beach, Gurnet Light, Captains hill, the Pine hills and the Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station.
Captains Hill in Duxbury. Fantastic views of Plymouth Bay and Cape Cod bay. Cool Monument to check out. Views of a couple different Lighthouses.

Both are great places to watch the sunrise. I'll post more if I think of any. Send me a message if you need driving directions.

you're making me think, here. The Captains Hill & Manomet Point are classics. Expanding out north & south I'd say World's End in Hingham, and Scorton Creek in East Sandwich. And I got some great sunrise shots in the spring here in Plymouth on the new path between Nelson Beach & Cordage Park.

I posted some at http://community.webshots.com/user/pm7771

Peter