Sunset hikes, below 4k footers??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sgt. Pepper

Reaction score
Hi all! I was looking for some recommendations on a couple great spots for sunsets that didn’t involve 4,000 footers?? I have some family coming up to the white mountains next week and the bigger summits might be a bit too much for them

Keep in mind this time of year, the sun is setting close to Northeast instead of west. Unfortunately given the forecast next week, its week of waterfall hikes and indoor activities.

North Moat is a great sub 4k peak and I loved that loop including Red Ridge Trail, but it might be too strenuous for the family the OP is entertaining. That's a good climb up North Moat.

Keep in mind this time of year, the sun is setting close to Northeast instead of west. Unfortunately given the forecast next week, its week of waterfall hikes and indoor activities.
I wasn't aware the earth was going to reverse its rotation. Amazing.

Pleasant Mountain in Bridgton ME, via Ledges Trail. 1.7 miles, 1500 feet of elevation gain. Want something easier? Douglas Mtn in Sebago, 1.25 miles and maybe 500‘ el.

See the ongoing thread about the unprepared family on Franconia Ridge and be sure you’re prepared for a night-time descent. It can be challenging.