Tecumseh from ski area 3/29

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarencil

Reaction score
Date of Hike: 03/29/09

Trail Conditions:

A few rocks poking through down low, but still plenty of snow, especially higher up. Trail is hard-packed and looked bare-bootable with minimal impact.

When the Sosman and Mt. Tecumseh trails both head for the summit, the Mt. Tecumseh trail is definitely more "interesting." Barebooters will do some postholing over this short stretch.

There is one sizable blowdown around 1.5 miles from the parking lot that looks like it will require a saw . I'm 6' and was able to duck underneath.

Special Equipment Required: None. I wore snowshoes the whole way (except for some butt-sliding on the way down) but they weren't really needed. With the rain and warmth, the snow was noticeably softer on the way down than the way up, so they may now be more useful.

Comments: This was my first hike in the snow, so don't take anything here too seriously. For anyone uncertain about parking at the ski area, don't be--just continue on the main road past parking lots until you come to the entrance to lot #1--the trailhead is just across the road. Feel free to PM me for more details.

Your name: Andrew

Last edited: