tecumseh, whiteface, passaconaway 5-1-13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bombadil

Reaction score
5-1-13
tecumseh via ski area
Took a gamble and went without any traction or pack, worked out great. Bare ground with just a few small patches of snow before the right hand turn/traverse. Some ice around there which quickly transitioned to snow. Easy going with just bareboots!

Whiteface/passaconaway via ferncroft (blueberry ledges/dicey)
surprised. That about sums up how little snow there is here! Bare ground on the ledges until way up high (a couple short sections of monorail are present above 3k). No ice issues. And man i love bugfree may. I took a 90min nap in the sun at the false summit and awoke without any bites--bliss. I put on the gaiters at the false summit as thats where the real snow was. Snow gradually dissipated on the rollins trail, some short icey sections are here and there but with dry ground and trees i didnt bother with traction. More of the same up and back on the summit loop on passaconaway. Descended on dicey for maybe 15 mins before snow transitioned to monorail to bare ground. Definitely the least amount of snow ive encountered in the last few weeks.

Pat
pcushing21 at yahoo dot com