Tell The Forest Service!!!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walker

Reaction score
Massassachusetts Avatar: It looks easy on t
I was at the NHF&G "Discover Wild New Hampshire Day" expo Saturday, and had an opportunity to talk to some rangers from the WMNF. I specifically ask about the rebuilding of Slippery Brook Forest road that was washed out by Ilene last year. I'm sure Slippery Brook is low on their priority list, since there is little to no commercial interests using this road at this time. It is a great way to get into the west side of Evans Notch. Since most people use Rt. 113 the access Evans Notch, I like Slippery Brook, it has a real wilderness feeling. (But I digress).

It was suggested that "The squeaky wheel get the oil". So, If you want a specific road or trail opened before others, I suggest you contact the Forest Service directly and voice your opinion. The more people asking for the same road to be opened, maybe that will be the nudge needed to get it placed higher on the list. ( I know, they have a lot, and I do mean a lot, of trails and roads to work on. And don't think for a minute this hard work is not appreciated).

Just a thought, can't hurt. :rolleyes:

See You On the Trail...Walking, Not Driving, on the Closed Forest Roads, Waiting for Some Well Appreciated Forest Service Personal...Walker

Trails still closed due to Irene:
Dry River Trail
Flume Brook Trail
Fourth Iron Tentsite
Section of the Greeley Ponds Trail (see other thread)
Jewell Spur
Rocky Branch Trail from Jericho Road to Shelter #2
Saco Lake Trail

Closed to vehicular use, open to foot travel:
Culhane Brook Road (FR72)
East Branch Saco River Road (FR38)
Little Tunnel Brook Road (FR170)
Rocky Branch Road (FR27)
Sawyer River Road (FR34)
Slippery Brook Road (FR17)
Tunnel Brook Road (FR700)
Wild River Road (FR12)