The Long Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sli - I'm planning on Shooting Star, partly because it makes a good rendezvous point for anyone starting with me. Hopefully, I will get to the start of the trail on time. If not, my hammock doubles as a bivy - so I can set up almost anywhere.

Yeah, I hear ya on trying to keep pace with other someone else, it can be a hassle. I'm most likely heading northbound on the trail, the topo looks a bit more forgiving to start with...lol...I'm still not sure when I may start...possibly the last Saturday in July (the 30th) and hopefully I'll be done in 21 or 22 days...that way I can hopefully persuade a friend to come get me...your list looks good as far as gear goes...how much weight does it come out to?

jk - My base weight was about 14 pounds + food and water, + 1 1/2 pounds for crossing the Presidentials. I think it was 25 pounds on the scale at Pinkham Notch with 2 liters of water and 5 days of food.