The Long Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double Bow said:
Thanks Blue! We are planning on staying at Emily Proctor, Battell, Birch Glen, Duck Brook and Puffer (you didn't see that one?). had been thinking about staying at Montclair Glen but, based on what you're saying, I think we might try for Bamforth Ridge or just tent out... we'll have to see how it goes.

Thanks for the tips! Let me know when you are going to be going further south and I'll give you my notes on the parts south of this section. :)

Puffer -- dirty little mosquito-filled water puddle for a water source, early July! Unless there is a trend towards rain, I would avoid Puffer unless you want to carry it in with you.

Bamforth Ridge - from what I understand, this is a new shelter, and though I didn't venture off trail to see it (0.2 miles), I think it sounds great.

Our pictures from a couple weeks ago are here: see pictures

Last edited:
sli74 said:
This will be in my trip report when I get to finally posting it BUT Clarendon Shelter was the "spooky" shelter. I couldn't quite explain why it spooked me but there was a unsettling feeling there that was shared by 2 of my hiking buddies at that shelter and we basically left there before even eating breakfast as none of us could shake the spooks. I felt as though I was being watched and the shelter was full of other LT and AT "Friends" we had made throughout the trip that far so the "spooky" feeling was an odd one . . . maybe we were being watched or something. STRANGE !!!

sli74

I want to hear more!!!!!!! This stuff fascinates me to no end. I'd love to hear more about this experince.