The Pinnacle (Lyndeborough, NH)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nartreb

Reaction score
This small peak has decent views and is close to Lyndeborough Mountain and Rose Mountain if you want to increase the mileage. If you do, bring a topo map and compass and your wits; there were trails on the ground that didn't appear on my map, and vice versa. A neighbor said that some trails had been abandoned after the ice storm, and new trails made. If you don't find a trail going the way you want, bushwhacking should be pretty easy, but I believe all the land in this area is privately owned.

We used the trailhead that's two miles up Mountain Rd (starting from the south) - the trailhead is poorly marked. It's a little north of the height of land, and there's a minuscule white "please stay on trail" sign you might see while heading north on the road. If you miss it, turn around; heading south you'll be able to see a pair of "No Parking between signs" signs with a rectangular yellow blaze (reflective plastic or metal) on a tree between them. This trail has yellow blazes to the summit of the Pinnacle.

Photos from The Pinnacle

Nice report, and very nice photos. Love the intro to your album, i.e. "First ex utero hike for my son." Perfect!