The Stubs/Diamond Ridge/Pisgah

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkJ

Reaction score
After much deliberation + Neighbor's Cherry Cobbler tortes,it was decided at the L.Francis Campground to wack the Stubs,Diamond Ridge+Pisgah.
Smartly clad in his usual velvet smoker's jacket with "Wild Dave"orange Hunters cap,ND hinted at wackin' a NH200 he had seen in a Wallace Nutting painting.Chickity was flamboyant in a plaid outfit with mauve overtones.
Pig Pen arrived early morn.Once again,his Fruit Compote+Goat Cheese omlet slices hit the spot!Stub Hill N Peak was nice,then on to Stub Hill pond where Onestep comment's on Global economy spurred us onto Stub Hill itself.The Jar was in good shape,of Faberge' quality!Exchanging 16th century Dirges cds,we hit the rd to Gate 80 Magalloway Rd.
Diamond Ridge-
.2 up MrSebago nodded towards a smashing view of Magalloway's Talus slopes.Only his Rolex Traveller looked better,glistening in the sun.Soon at the top,clean jar ,nice wack!
Pisgah-
The base of Pisgah was reached by 3:30.MrSebago pushed us up about an hr.Pig Pen's comment's on Quantum Physics at the jar did seem plausible.A rough descent through brushy new growth made us glad to hit the Pisgah Mt rd.After a brief discourse+ a salute to Pavarotti,we went our way. As I left,I heard discussion of taking a break from NE3krs and wackin the high point of Tristan Da Cunha,weather permitting ,of course! ;)

Mark, Stub Hill (N. PK) and Stub Hill, ok! But to leave without bagging Stub Hill (S. PK), one of the premier delisted 3k's, I am shocked! ;)

stub

you are right as usual- tho we barely made daylight doin' Pisgah.Still need to go back Salmon and Deer.Also noticed the rd to Stubs through the col seems a direct line to Bosebuck....can you get there from there??? :)

Mark, I have heard tales of intrepid wackers going from Stub over to Bosebuck, but I think the "easiest" approach is from ME via Parmachenee Road. :)

Stubs

Thank you,just wondering.Also I guess I have to approach Rump from E Inlet rd,too.Drove by that doin Kent and Unamed. :)

Mark, Rump is usually done from an unmarked road off East Inlet Road, on the north side of Rump, my memory is that we were able to drive it to nearly 3000 ft, not a great road, but passable. :)

Rump

Wow 3000' That's nice.I was told you can almost get to 3000 on Salmon too.I enjoy the travelling with car to these places as well as hiking on to these interesting peaks.

East Inlet Road in NH and Beaudry Road in ME are really great places, off the beaten track, a nice remote feeling! And lots and lots of trailess peaks! :cool:

MJ, you've captured the essence of our experience quite eloquently, but I must add that the Piper Heidsieck Cuvée Rare Champagne toast at the summit of Diamond Ridge was the highlight for me. I'm still a bit miffed that my Black Lace Thigh High Stockings snagged on the descent. Oh well, Tristan Da Cunha or bust!

Last edited:
winta is da bes time to do dese peaks!

Glad yous guys is havin so much fun in da woods dis time a da yer. Hows about comin back wid us in da winta wen da snow is deep and da win is howlin?