The Weeks.....5/2/15

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marysgirl

Reaction score
The water is a bit high right now and I assume it will get worse before better? It is crossable, we had to walk along the edge a bit to find spots. We bare booted until we were past the water and we had crossed the logging road, maybe a mile. Then switched to snowshoes. We left tracks, and with the sparse blazes on the trees you will make better time following them! The snow was rotting, the way back was very unstable and slippery. Perhaps another NEHH that is better done after the snow melt? Lot's of moose tracks and poop. There were moose tracks over ours on the way back and we ended meeting up! When you have a big boy walking next to you separated by trees you can hear him way before you see him! (Clunk clunk) He was beautiful! Harley barked and he ran away before I could get a photo...Bummer. So to sum it up, if you want to go there do it soon and use our tracks, or wait until snow melts. I thought it was really nice out there! But it is in serious need of trail markings.

Last edited: