Thimble Islands, Ct.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adkayaker

Reaction score
I'd love to drive the three to four hours to paddle these islands, either with friends or hooking up with a Connyak trip. One concern is that with all of the islands in private owneership, there is no place to get out and rest, have a snack, stretch legs, etc. Is there any public property on any of the islands for access?

The Thimble islands have been on my kayaking radar too, but I do not know of any public islands or camping spots. Have you tried ConnYak? I have not heard of any out of the few people that I've talked to about them. If you find anything about this, please post here. thanks!

Jay

Yes there is. No camping spot that I am aware of but some areas I think you wouldn't be bothered. There is actually a research facility on one of the islands (I think its Yale that runs it) and I have seen people there and I am pretty certain you can land there and soak up some rays and such. A little research on the internet should turn up something I think. If not let me know or talk to some of the charter captains. Maybe they would give up some info.

Keith