Trail up Stewarts Peak (Warner, NH)?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiker0200

Reaction score
Every trip report of Stewarts Peak I've read mentions a bushwhack as the primary route to the top. A few weeks ago, I saw a YouTube video of it, and it showed blazed trails leading to the top (but not where they originate from). Anyone know where these trails start, if they run from base to summit, and if they're open to the public? I'm thinking about hiking Stewarts peak in the near future, and I have limited bushwhacking experience. (I know how to bushwhack, I just haven't done many of them, and would prefer a trail.)

There was no trail when I climbed it, but that was in a previous century. Are you sure the video was the same peak?

I believe so. The video also mentions that the trails were freshly cut and blazed.

The yellow trail starts on Horne Rd, about 100 yds past the snow machine trail, near some mail boxes (289?). This is near the end of the maintained road. I do not like the upper route, as it goes straight up erodible soils, but it nice to have a trail. I have not found the start of the red trail. There is no sign to mark the beginning of the yellow trail.