Trinity Alps

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corsee

Reaction score
I will be going to northern CA. this summer and planning to backpack in the Trinty Alps Wilderness. Any and all information is welcome. Favorites trails, camp sites, water falls, rivers, ponds, and lakes. Mt Shasta is also on the list as well as Sonoma wine country.

Thank you all

Beautiful section of the country. Lots of river rafting if you're into that as the main branch of the Trinity is listed as wild & scenic. Weaverville's a funky small town to hang out in. Never been backpacking in the Trinity Alps, but have climbed Shasta several times and plan to do it again in early June. Perhaps later in the summer as well if they re-open Mt St Helens.

I have hiked in the Trinity Alps. Nice area.

Also did Shasta (same trip)--also nice, but a bit more serious. Did the Heart route from Horse Camp (~6Kft vert). No snow that year--lots of loose stuff.

If you spend a few days up high in the Trinity Alps, the altitude acclimatization will be a big help on Shasta.

Doug

i did 8 days in the trinitys a few years back. i'd check out granite lake, then continue on to emrald/sapphire lake. good day hike from the B/C is the caribou scramble. check it out. best backpacking trip i've ever been on.