Tripyramid Loop from Livermore trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AOC-1

Reaction score
I was in N.H. over the holiday weekend to see my niece in summer stock (Barn Playhouse in New London - don't miss it if you're in the area!). I needed some exercise, but the forecast was for showers and thunder storms. Scouting the map for safer, lower peaks where I might have some protection from the elements, the Tripyramids seemed to fit the bill. And I hadn't been in the Waterville Valley area in years.

Can't say the 6+ miles of hiking on the Livermore trail was very interesting, but the loop over the 3 peaks was enjoyabe, even in the rain. I skipped the north slide because a thunderstorm was rolling through just as I reached the junction. I opted for the Scaur Ridge trail alternative. On the middle peak, the clouds parted and I even got some views. The streams were, of course, running high but all were manageable. I did take the boots off to wade across the last brook crossing on the descent just before hitting the Livermore trail again.

Last edited: