Tri's, Sleepers, Whiteface and Passaconaway on 8/11/07.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Farrell

Reaction score
Friday 8/10, before lunch, Jenifer and myself got all our camping gear together and got it packed away in her car and my truck. After lunch I headed up to the Kancamagus to find a camp site at Passaconaway campgrounds. When I passed Jigger Johnson campsite, I noticed a FULL sign under the campsite sign. So I hoped that the Passaconaway campsite wasn't full. When I got to the campsite, there wasn't a FULL sign under the campsite sign so I went to find a site. Guess what, it was full.

So I went and checked out the rest of the campsites on the Kanc and they were all full. It was hopeless so I went back home.

On Saturday, 8/11, Jenifer and myself got up at 3am and were gone by 4am.

Jenifer spotted her car at the Oliverian Brook Tr. and we headed over to the Pine Bend Brook Tr. We geared up and was on the trail by 5:50am.

We hiked the Pine Bend Brook Tr. to North Tripyramid, Mt. Tripyramid Tr. to Middle and South Tripyramid, Kate Sleeper Tr. to Sleeper and E. Sleeper, Rollins Tr. to Whiteface, Dicey's Mill Tr. to Passaconaway. We headed down the Walden Tr., Square Ledge Tr., Passaconaway Cutoff Tr., to the Oliverian Brook Tr. to Jenifer's Vue.

The hike was 17.2 miles and we were beat at the end. It seems to take forever to get to the Dicey's Mill Tr. and longer to head up Passaconaway. When we were heading back on the Oliverian Brook Tr., it seemed like we were on the Wilderness Tr. minus the railroad ties.

Now we have 45 of 48, and we plan on finishing the 48 this year.

To check out the many pictures from our hike, go to:
http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/560258383KubwbE

Farmer Bob