True North Packs

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowshoe

Reaction score
I wanted to past this along to anyone intrested in trying a new pack. Every so often someone mentions packs. I was looking for a pack that I can use while out on forest fires but also a good search a rescue pack and also hiking. I was getting tired of lugging three different packs around at work. I saw these packs being used while doing forest fire. I never heard of the packs so I decided to research them. This is the site http://www.truenorthgear.com/ Anyway I decided to buy one a see how good they are. When I tried it out in the field I could not believe how comfortable it was. (During a forest fire I did not realize I even had the pack on my back. The packs have a great feature in that you can put attachments onto the pack. For example when I am out on a fire I hook the fire shelter on. Then during a SAR I can take the fire shelter off and add a SAR case to the pack. They are made very strong. You can even build your own packs. All the fire crews out West swear by the packs. Acording to the web site they are going to be coming out with more recreation type packs. Rather than fire/SAR packs. Their Wildland fire/SAR packs are even great as hiking packs. Just though I would pass this along, something new and made in the USA. They even sell Nomex fleece jackets. The answear to no more holes in the fleece while sitting by a campfire. :)