VFTT Monadnock - Saturday 11/13/04

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. Thanks for pointing out something that needed to be said.

And with that said, anyone from the NY/NJ area or anyone along the I-87 corridor wanting a ride, just let me know. I'd be coming up on Friday, leaving out on Sunday.

Should we start a new thread in Trips & Events?

Here are my pics from the trip.

VFTT Monadnock Pictures

To the best of my knowledge, there were no bystander casualties resulting from the Quietmens' snow ball exchange. We do try to cause damage only to ourselves! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Nice pictures Quietman :)

I arrived at the summit just in time to say "Hi" and "Bye", it was a tad chilly up there. FYI - My Brunton weather gadget said 28* with sustained wind of 12mph gusting to 20mph.

I went all last winter wondering how cold/windy it was. This year I'm prepared :)

Bob

Hiker Bob,
I purchased the Brunton weather gadget last year and I love it, takes the guess work out of some of the extreme weather conditions we hike in. Like Mt. Adams this year in July peak gust I recored near the summit (never made the top ) 59 mph with a temp of 34 degrees with sleet........gotta love it.

Hope to see you on the trails this winter,

Sticks

Missing mitten

Hey guys,
After taking inventory on our belongings it appears we are missing a mitten. It is a womans OR Goretex outtershell/fleece mitten type of thing. If anyone is up to monadnock sometime soon, I would appreciate keeping your eyes out for it. I believe it was lost in the main parking lot.

-percious

On the way down, about 200 yards from the bottom, I found a fleece fingerless glove with a flip over mitten cover. I think it was blue. I left it at the ranger station. Hopefully its what you're looking for.

Anyone find my football? :rolleyes: