Ward Truck trail - herd path up & over Seward - Donaldson short of Emmon’s see trails

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P.

Reaction score
Ward Truck trail - herd path up & over Seward - Donaldson short of Emmon’s see trails

Date of Hike: 07/10/2013

Trails used:
Ward Truck trail to herd path up & over Seward & Donaldson short or Emmon’s Col, back via Caulkins Brook

Trail Conditions: a light to moderate rain left lots of mud and wet trees I brushed against most of the day, getting the full car-wash effect. Caulkin’s Brook approach much better. No real issues as far as navigating the herd paths

Special Equipment Required: a sense of humor bug spray and the ability to walk miles in mud covered soaking wet boots.

Comments: Optional – just a couple of weeks ago I repeated myself over & over again about bugs on a CT hike. (insert mud, mud..... here) at one point ascending Seward got a foggy view of Ampersand Lake & the peak but lost all views a little higher up. A couple of ledges had me almost stumped & in the conditions ready to give up, finally in the rain & almost tripping off a ledge heading towards Emmons, I looked at my watch & decided I did not want to hike out in the dark on my first trip to Corey’s. I had more days to hike too

Mike P.

[email protected]

Last edited: