Webster/Jackson 7.26.08

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whitten

Reaction score
Trails: Webster-Jackson Trail

Elevation: 2500 Feet
Distance: 6.5 miles
People seen: 49

Direction: up Webster, over to Jackson, down Jackson.

Trail: Trail was wet, wet, and muddy. The blowdown right after the Elephant Head junction was easy to get around. Saw a beautiful Falcon at the top of Webster - but it didn't stick around long enough for a picture. It was a wonderful day - and a welcome change after having it rain almost everyday. The temps were warm, it was about 80 on the top of Jackson. Several spots on the trail (both on the way up and the way down) that were just slippery and very wet. No bugs - except 1 black fly towards the top of Jackson.

It was great to get out and enjoy these two mountain tops again. I hadn't been up Webster since 2006; and Jackson I hadn't been on since 2003. The views were beautiful and the trail was rougher than I remembered. (Some of the scrambling was more difficult for me with my short legs!) A great day and hopefully next weekend we will have another sunny day too! :) Pictures are below.

Did you see the fluorescent moss when you were heading down the rocky gully to Sliver Casade? About 2/3 of the way down if you look in under the rocks you will see fluorescent moss.

We must have missed that! We'll have to look for it next time. There was definitely a lot of bright green leaves/moss around, but nothing super bright! Thanks for the tip. :)