Whiteface and Passaconaway OR The Osceolas, Wednesday May 7

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaiagirl

Reaction score
I have this one single day in the middle of the week to hike and am looking to get out but not have to drive endlessly and prefer this mileage range, so these are my two best choices. There may well be other possibilities, but these are my personal favorites that are close enough :). Anyone want to join me? I found it a little creepy how quiet the trails were during my vacation two weeks ago .... Please join me so I can stop looking over my shoulder :D

I have this one single day in the middle of the week to hike and am looking to get out but not have to drive endlessly and prefer this mileage range, so these are my two best choices. There may well be other possibilities, but these are my personal favorites that are close enough :). Anyone want to join me? I found it a little creepy how quiet the trails were during my vacation two weeks ago .... Please join me so I can stop looking over my shoulder :D

Depends where you start from. If you do Whiteface and Passaconaway from Ferncroft you will probabky run into less snow and ice than doing Osecolas from the Kanc.

What depends? Not sure I understand. Yes, I'm aware there will be more snow and ice on The O's .... It doesn't matter to me; I'll be carrying snowshoes for a while longer most places unless I'm 100 percent certain I don't need them, anyway, and the Hillsounds are likewise in the pack for at least several more weeks.

What depends? Not sure I understand. Yes, I'm aware there will be more snow and ice on The O's .... It doesn't matter to me; I'll be carrying snowshoes for a while longer most places unless I'm 100 percent certain I don't need them, anyway, and the Hillsounds are likewise in the pack for at least several more weeks.

It depends if you do White/Pass from the Kanc vs. Ferncroft. You could do up Olivarian>Pass Cutoff up and descend Downs Brook. Not sure that was even on the radar, but thay route would be much harder than Oseceolas from the Kanc. You could do the O's from Livermore and just roadwalk Tripoli.

Some recent reports on Passaconaway and Whiteface indicate that you only need spikes if you go from Ferncroft, so that is still my bet.