"whites" fix not forthcoming

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjo

Reaction score
Due to many reasons ( new baby in the family expected, etc, etc), I had to cancel my semi annual trip to the "whites" planned for mid October. As a substitute, my dog and I are driving to North Woods of Wisconsin for 4-5 days next week. Never hiked there but I'm told there is great forest, many waterfalls, some hills, etc. Buying guidebooks and maps now and planning. But somehow I know and expect: "it ain't going to be the heights and views and terrain" of the Whites"..How do I calm myself and be content with what's here?? Anyway, I envy you guys in my beloved" Whites" and in prime time (fall) no less. Enjoy your paradise!! (sigh) Jerry :(

Based on that picture you're going to have all the fantastic views you can handle. While your hiking take a deep breath and take in all that lovely dry pine tree smell! Go off route and just wander around, and be happy you're not sitting behind a desk!

Good Times.

-Shayne

P.S.
GO BADGERS!

check the hunting regs - last time i was up there couple a years ago the place was crawling w hunters, but i think it was a few weeks later in year...