Wildcats or Carters this Thursday or Friday

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaiagirl

Reaction score
Having some unexpected time toward week's end, I am hoping to get out there and actually get some views from a summit or two (or three or four :) !!!) Weather is also looking better near the end of the week and I am desperately hoping to try to get up the Wildcats and or the Carters Thursday and/or Friday. It seems like the Wildcats might be a little iffy if the conditions are icy, but I'm still willing to give it a shot with a pair of crampons in tow just in case. Last I heard, the Carters via 19 mile Brook Trail to Carter-Moriah Trail was in great shape with little ice. I would really like some company for either hike on either day, depending upon weather and when others might be able to join me. Just post a reply or shoot me an email if you think you might be interested.

Happy Trails :D ,

I forgot to mention that I'd be happy to do the driving if anyone would like to join me, just as long as whoever is in the passenger seat can make sure I get to the trailhead without getting lost :) ...LOL.

wintah is here

Dont forget the snowshoes- its snowing again today- snow line starts low, and after today there could be 2 feet or so starting at 3000 feet of elevation

Hmmm .... breaking trail after 2 feet of snow ... sounds like fun!!! LOL :) Anybody with any additional information on conditions over the next couple of days, please feel free to chime in ....

I'll be keeping an eye on the forecast of course ... you never know up there!!! I wouldn't mind hearing from anyone who's going to be up in the area over the next couple of days ..... Either way, we'll give it a shot :).