Windham High Peak, CATS

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viewseeker

Reaction score
On advise from Jay H., after Danielles soccer game headed south to the TH. Arriving later in the day I really wanted to get going as not to set up camp in dark and have time to relax. Right off the bat, like Jay said, there was a water hole which is just passable. Meet 2 groups of 2 on the way up. A very gentle climb. The switchbacks helped alot as I was carrying for two on this trip. Finally reached the lean-to area where there was a group of Boyscout set up for the night to. Had great time talking to there leaders and listening to teh boys talk. The Boys where well read on the pre-cautions of camping and taking care of there site as not to attract bears. They welcome us both. After all this prep of mine, I had overlooked one thing...In my other day pack is a spoon clipped inside, well I had forgotten one. Lucky for me they loaned me one for the night and morning.. We ate Mac and Cheese with cheesy potatos..MMMMMMM.. By now the Black flies where so bad we feel back to our Tent and played WAR...The air was so warm we didn't even sleep inside our bags until about 2 am. Some time around 11 I was woken up to loud screams....Coyote....then maybe hour later was woken to something walking past the tent, light footsteps, maybe a Coon...After that I slept till morning.. After some oatmeal for breakfast, Danielle decided she didn't want to summit and deal with the bugs so we packed and headed home and got lunch at Applebee's.. We didn't summit but our time together was Priceless...:D

http://community.webshots.com/album/571463107HKgyHj?vhost=community