Winter is over, what did y'all do

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm..

I'm still patiently waiting for winter.. hopefully the whites get some big nor'easters in april, 3-4ft. would do..:D

I hiked 6 winter peaks (5 4k's) Spent 25 days snowboarding( only about 6 on the splitboard:mad:) I drove aprox 15k miles and spent a little over 2k in gas using Tims formula. Used my Msr's twice and grivels 4 times. the $2k spent in gas is not even half of the money spent on winter gear that mostly sat in the closet. Better luck next year

Because of the weather this winter, many will consider it easier. I had committed to the single-season in early January (due to being unemployed) and 'lucked' into good weather. Being the data-centric geek that I am, I culled the following graph from www.48in1winter.com, and thought at least one or two others might find it interesting.

ssw48.jpg

There could be more submissions for this season - I know of at least two people who did it this year that are not included, plus 5 people total that did it at some point but who aren't accounted for. I did wait until the last few I knew were close showed up.

I think there is a trend of increasing popularity with a boost this year due to the good conditions and weather.

Tim

During the shortest days of the year that represented the brief transition between autumn and summer, I:

Skied a couple of days
Snowshoed only once
Just about wore the teeth off of a pair of microspikes.

Plus I finished my regular season Catskill 35's.