Woodlawn Mt(Vt) - route info?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peakbagr

Reaction score
Could use some info on short notice. May have a chance to hike Woodlawn on Friday. Although a seach here mentions in one post that there is a trail, my look at the Nat'l Geo map shows a jeep trail and separate trail coming from the SW from Sykes Hollow, both seem to peter out.
There also appears to be a logging road and trails approaching from the north from Mountain Brook. That one ends on my map.
Is one direction better than the other? Any private property issues? I'm guessing there is a jar on the Eastern summit?

Thanks,
Alan

The shortest route is the one I took in June via the Gravel pits on the Danby Mt Road (I think) from the East. It is only a third of a mile from the top of the pit to the ATV road that leads to the summit. It is however, really steep and in June horribly overgrown but may not be so bad this time of year. It was machete worthy then but the route was so quick that I still had time to go get Tabor that afternoon after getting both Dorset peaks in the morning for a 4 peak day.
Jim