Easy-ish hike with nice views

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherry

Reaction score
Looking to do an easy hike with nice views on Sat, preferably in the Franconia area but not absolutely necessary.

Looking to do an easy hike with nice views on Sat, preferably in the Franconia area but not absolutely necessary.

Bald Mtn (a spur off the Mt Kinsman Trail) is quite nice.
Bald Mtn/Artist Bluff right by Echo Lake is all quite lovely.

If your willing to drive farther, Mt. Willard in Crawford Notch is wisely know for one of the best views in the Whites for the effort required. In Franconia Notch, the Indian head ( Mt. Pemigewasset) is a very nice perch.

All of the above suggestions are great and much closer than this to Franconia. However, for a real easy hike with minimal elevation gain and terrific views into King Ravine, try Lookout Ledge in Randolph. From Route 2, take Randolph Hill Rd but don't go all the way to the new parking lot. Look for the old (small, 2-3 cars) parking area at the junction of the road with the Grassy Lane (on L) and other trails descending off Mt Crescent (on R). Leaving south from the road. Follow Grassy Lane to Pasture Path, R on Pasture Path and follow to Lookout Ledge. You are staring straight across at King Ravine. Howker Ridge is on the far left, Madison, JQ Adams, Adams, and on over to Jefferson and the Castellated Ridge on the right. A short hike, I forget but probably no more than 4 miles rt.Randolph and Crescent 003.jpgAdams, King Ravive.jpg

Like waterfalls? Bridal Veil Falls is on the backside of Cannon Mountain. 5.0 miles round-trip on the Coppermine Trail with moderate grades. Everyone loves this hike that does it.

Bald Peak in Franconia/Easton area is nice.. about 5 miles and 1400ft gain..great views into VT NY and Northern NH.... won't be a zoo like those other hikes mentioned. If you want the gps track email me...

Capture.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like someone visited the flume, too. :)

Yea...you got me....forgot to mention that... we did it last week for the 2nd time this season and had the summit to ourselves... good quiet one for a busy weekend..water along the way for the dog and ourselves...