Franconia Ridge Traverse 10/02/05

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will likely be around 7pm or so when the "Ridge Traversers" (hey, I like that :D ) get there. But Carla and I will probably get there a little earlier since we are not exactly sure when they'll get done. We'll look for ya'll.

Blue, we'll send you a wave and some cheers for #48! :D

If we travel book time that would get us to Woodstock around 7:00??....I hope that's not too late! We'll be looking for you!

-MEB

Good luck, Liza!!!

I think Owl's Head is fun, no matter what anyone else says, and I expect you will *cruise* to and from the slide.

Have a great day and congrats in advance.
:)

MichaelJ said:
Good luck, Liza!!!

I think Owl's Head is fun, no matter what anyone else says, and I expect you will *cruise* to and from the slide.

Have a great day and congrats in advance.
:)

Cruise to, maybe,
Stumble down after drinking champagne, likely.

Liza, sorry I won't be able to be there on your 48th, but you can be sure we'll be thinking of you all from up on the ridge. May the good weather forecast bless us all on our respective hikes!
-katie

RGF1 said:
I will probably have my truck at OBP trail head if some on needs to bail out I am not a speed deaon I will probably go up OBP and down FW
I am happy to give some one a ride to a car or even the Woodstock inn

I'm thinking of doing the same thing--a ridge walk with the long distance folks without putting in the mileage. What time are you hitting the trail? Want some company? If you're a speed hiker, we can always hike together for the first 100 feet or so.
:D

Mad Townie said:
I'm thinking of doing the same thing--a ridge walk with the long distance folks without putting in the mileage. What time are you hitting the trail? Want some company? If you're a speed hiker, we can always hike together for the first 100 feet or so.
:D
I was thinking around 8 or so . I am not a speed deamon either you can PM or send me a email . I certainly would not mind the company.

I might join you guys for some of this hike until my fear of heights forces me to beat a cowardly retreat on the ridge. If it doesn't I guess I will make the whole hike. It will be nice to see everyone at woodstock inn after.

hikerfast said:
I might join you guys for some of this hike until my fear of heights forces me to beat a cowardly retreat on the ridge.
As ridges go, this one isn't very scary. In fact the thought than anyone might consider it scary never occurred to me...

A very nice ridge to hike--great views.

Doug

oh ive done that ridge about 10 times, my fear came back a few years ago and i can assure you going up lincoln would bother me right now. i have to work at it at my own pace.

Agreed - it was a *wonderful* time. I hope to post a Trip Report and pictures tonight. :)

I had a fantastic sunday along the Franconia Ridge. Great group! Great organization, great views, great weather and yet another very cool bunch of people to hike with. Its really amazing the cross-section of outstanding people Ive met from this board..