Haystack 10/14/2010

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonrock

Reaction score
After finishing #46 at Armstrong on the 13th, I figured, why run out of the woods (and NY) if I could actually SEE something from Haystack ?! Last time there (1980s) was rain, socked in and punishing wind.

But first, given the rain forecast for that night, I struck my tent and moved into the empty lean-to between the Interior Outpost and JBL. Good Idea.

Timed Haystack perfectly, summitting 4 hours from JBL, in partial clouds, hiking off in approaching overcast. Not as warm sunny as day before, but.....

The rain held off until dinner was prepped, back near the lean-to. Another/same mouse (nothing bigger) attended my dinner at the lean-to.

Next AM, packed out (unfed) to The Garden and then drove to Noonmark Diner. Where I ALMOST finished an omelet, hash browns, toast, juice and coffee.

Snapped pics at Roaring Brook Falls from 73, then visited the Museum in Blue Mountain Lake. Where the rain then flirted with turning to snow !! Understand I just "missed" a 1-2 footer, up above :)

Haystack pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stubabes0137/sets/72157625221434506/

:) :) :)

Moonrock