MT Cabot

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adak

Reaction score
Anyone been around MT Cabot, Killkenny Ridge or Unknown Pond lateley?

I was planning a trip this weekend but called it off due to temps.

Mt Cabot hike

I'm hiking Cabot this Sunday... heading up via Mount Cabot Trail. You're welcome to join if you want. Anyone esle interested?

I'm interested but not real sure if the Mt Cabot trailhead is still closed.I can remember from past posts that some have used this trailhead without problems from the landowner.
Anyone have recent info on the Mt.Cabot trailhead parking?

Goinsolo

From StinkyFeet's trip report when they did Cabot for their 48:
We meet Andy, Tom and Al in Jefferson and drive over to the Mt. Cabot Trailhead. We find NO "no trespassing" or "trail closed" signs anywhere. We DO find a brand-new wooden sign: "Mt. Cabot Trail," a plowed parking area with room for 3-4 vehicles, and a very packed out trail.
It makes sense for this issue to have been resolved in the wintertime since a proposed snowmobile trail was part of the conflict.

The parking lot is indeed plowed (but only 4 to 5 vehicles could fit) and there are no No Trespassing signs AND there is a new Mt Cabot Trail sign. We went up today (Sat, Jan 10) and the trail is well packed out to the summit. We barebooted the roundtrip though two other guys ahead of us used snowshoes. I'll post a trip report after dinner.

JohnL