Mt Clinton Rd open??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim lombard

Reaction score
The Fed website says that both the Mt Clinton Rd and the Jefferson Notch rd are open
I don't see any trip reports for Eisenhower being done that way. Can anyone confirm?

Mt. Clinton Road was plowed from 302 to the Crawford lot today. Beyond there, it looked like snowmobile and XC traffic only. Interestingly enough, I don't recall seeing the gate closed.

Mt. Clinton Road was plowed from 302 to the Crawford lot today. Beyond there, it looked like snowmobile and XC traffic only. Interestingly enough, I don't recall seeing the gate closed.

We were there and hiked Eisenhower on Jan 2nd. The gate was open but it was only snowmobile traffic. We ended up hiking Crawford path. Barebooted until heading over to Eisenhower when it became quite icy. Two had microspikes and two of us had crampons. The crampons were better suited for the terrain, mixture of rock/ice/snow.

Beautifull day up there and trail is easy to follow for now.:rolleyes:

Keep in Mond that Mt Clinton Road and Jefferson Notch road are state roads not USFS roads. Nevertheless they do have gates, I am just not sure who controls the keys. Several years ago when Mt Clinton road was plowed by the Cog folks and the lower base station road was a snowmahcine trail, the cog folks had the keys.