No Parking Pass/Fee areas in White Mt. region

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stev-o said:
I love free parking as much as the next guy.
( especially from the " monopoly guy " )
However, for a day hike, why limit your options to what's free?
I don't mind throwing a few bucks in the fee-tube for a days parking.
Multi-night I can understand.
The last time my sticker ran out, I stopped at the Kanc off of 93. Had a new sticker and was back on the highway in 6 minutes. :)

Well stated - for all the money I blow every year - this $25 is gladly spent! :)

sapblatt said:
Well stated - for all the money I blow every year - this $25 is gladly spent! :)

I agree. Remember that someone has to plow and maintain each parking lot.

In the case of the "free" lots, it just means that someone other than the USFS is probably footing the bill. So think about sending a donation to the responsible organization. For example, the Ferncroft lot is plowed by the WODC using membership dues and contributions.

www.wodc.org/order.htm (hint, hint, :D )

Last edited:
sapblatt said:
Best dang $25 I spend every year! Don't mind sending it in at all.

psmart said:
I agree. Remember that someone has to plow and maintain each parking lot.

In the case of the "free" lots, it just means that someone other than the USFS is probably footing the bill. So think about sending a donation to the responsible organization. For example, the Ferncroft lot is plowed by the WODC using membership dues and contributions.

www.wodc.org/order.htm (hint, hint, :D )
Yes, It's nice to throw a few bucks in. Kind of like buying 1 extra gallon of gas.
BTW, stickers are 2 for $25. Double your pleasure. :)
Single stickers are $20.

sapblatt said:
Please honor carole's request that this note be limited to which sites don't require fees, if you want to discuss the merits of fees start your own note :)

Consider this note as telling you for which locations you must bring exact change. The USFS would be $3 richer if I had known in advance that a certain spot was a fee site but lacking the money and not wanting to kill nearly an hour and pollute the air with most of a gallon of gas returning to the nearest town I simply didn't pay and wasn't caught.

carole said:
(Rte. 113A)
?? Flat Mountain Pond Trail

The general rule is that the USFS can collect fees only for parking on federally owned land. The FMP trail head (both of them, actually) operate under an easement from a private landowner, so no fee is charged.

I have the answer to all parking fees

I bought a motorcycle last year and they are EXEMPT from needing a parking pass in the Whites! Besides they are great on gas and you get to go to Laconia every year.