Snow Amounts update please?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sli74

Reaction score
H: Brighton, MA, Avatar :Brian and I at the 2005 S
Brian and I are thinking about heading up to NH to go backpacking but are curious what the snowfalls amounts are like from this storm today. Anyone in the Whites have some estimates for us? Thank you in advance.

sli74

slope

i was hoping for an upslope or downslope or round the corner slope???all we got was 5" of heavy wet sh-t!!!

In my parking lot (Thornton, elev 680 ft) we got about three inches of wet heavy stuff. The kind that sticks to snowshoes and makes them weigh 100 pounds :( :(

May go out tomorrow (cabin fever) to see what conditions are like. efiled my taxes today, so no excuses for staying at home :)

Chocorua Snowfall

About 8" in Chocorua Village now, and close to a foot expected when it's done. North and west of here are expected to have a foot or more.

This in on top of the foot of snowpack still in the woods, partly fron last week's storm.

5 inches of mashed potatoes on Camel's Hump Road (East Side)

sli74 said:
from all those reports I'd guess 6-12 inches in Crawford Notch? Do you think that is a good guess?

Definitely in that range. :) More time to play in the snow! Some of the cross-country areas are even able to groom the trails.

I second that 8" measurement in Tamworth...and it's still coming down at a decent clip. I'd be tempted to have some fun in it tomorrow, but I'm seeing cloudy and snowy forecasts for the afternoon/evening (Phil Collins lame).

In Lebanon we got about 5 inches of very wet snow. For the Whites it is impressive with already 6+ for all of the ski areas I could find. Totals by tomorrow with be 10-17 inches. Then we have a far large storm to worry about...-Mattl

About 10 inches when all was said and done in Chocorua, looks like a bit more in Albany. We really could've used all this in December and January :( .

In the sawyer, Anderson, Lowell area there is about 3-4 feet of old snow with about 2-3 feet of wet new snow...be careful. -Mattl

Does anybody have information on Kearsarge (the one near Concord - not Conway)? I'm looking at heading up the Lincoln Trail this weekend - probably tomorrow.

Any local information on snow amounts and general conditions would be greatly appreciated.

Earl

:)