Winter Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi UFC et al -

Planning on coming by Saturday night with something to munch to join the fire and food and fun... look forward to meeting some new faces.

Audrey - the Weathersfield trail does indeed have some great lookouts and waterfalls and a ladder and... very nice little trail! Make sure you stop off at the hang glider platform - .4 miles below the summit off to the left (you'll see planks over a muddy section - follow those)

Sue

Audrey - I'm ready for Ascutney on Friday. What do folks have for hiking plans on Saturday? Of course, with the forecast maybe we should all stay inside and eat and drink instead :D . We do that almost as well as we hike/ski :p :D !!

I'm planning on hiking Mt. Ascutney on Saturday, cannot take Friday off.

Also- do we have a TV and access to football games there?

Hello everyone,

I'll be arriving Friday evening around 6pm with guitar & venison chili in hand. And, of course, a growler & some horseradish dip & a little something for the outhouse! Ha!

My bronze pass isn't good on Saturday so I'm up for climbing either Killington or Okemo or possibly even Pico via hiking trail, and skiing down, if anyone is interested?

Sunday I plan on hitting the slopes @ Killington @ lift open & skiing until the crowd messes up the trails & then heading to Pico to finish the day. Again, if anyone is interested?

Looking forward to a brilliant jam session! See you soon, Ken ;)

coldfeet said:
teejay, any idea who's winning the "apron" for the farthest drive?
Yes, I do.

Remember at the last Gathering, you all remember that, don't you? I had an EMS Gift Card to give away. Couldn't do it at the last Gathering so I'll try again. The person guessing the closest to the remaining value on the card gets it. It could be worth just a few pennies, or maybe lots of bucks. It may even be worthless. Put on your thinking caps. In case of a tie, I'll keep the card and try again at the next Gathering, or just use it and forget it.

teejay

teejay said:
Yes, I do.

Remember at the last Gathering, you all remember that, don't you? I had an EMS Gift Card to give away. Couldn't do it at the last Gathering so I'll try again. The person guessing the closest to the remaining value on the card gets it. It could be worth just a few pennies, or maybe lots of bucks. It may even be worthless. Put on your thinking caps. In case of a tie, I'll keep the card and try again at the next Gathering, or just use it and forget it.

teejay

Q. Are we supposed to guess here on the board or at the gathering?

My guess is $47-35c :confused:

Bronze ASC passes aren't good this weekend? Well, thanks for letting me know because that changes my plans a bit! D'oh!

una_dogger said:
Since I'm only in for the evening parts, I'm interested in eating out on friday as well. Steve'r; what about the Mexican Joint in Ludlow?? Big enough?? Looks tasty! :)

do you mean Tacos!Tacos! ? I think that place is pretty small and maybe only does lunch.

The only places that I can think of that are big enough, have beer and probably wouldn't mind hikers too much are Christopher's in the mill in Ludlow, or Village Pizza across from Black River High School.

There's also the place next to Black River Produce, if it's still open. Seems like stuff opens and closes there constantly.

but I'm not really much help since I haven't hung out in the area much in a couple years, and when I am up that way I eat at either my parents' or grandparents' house.

una_dogger said:
Drat...I could use that gift card to buy more bolts for my Stabilicers!...oh well, I'm only 17 miles away.......... :rolleyes:
Sabrina - If I read correctly, I think you just have to be there to take part in the guessing!!

MJ - guess that means you aren't skiing on Saturday?? You up for Sunday?? Ken - you taking company along??

bubba said:
MJ - guess that means you aren't skiing on Saturday?? You up for Sunday??

No, it means I'm an idiot because I *knew* my pass wasn't valid back in November (just look at the early posts to this thread). So I'm skiing, and I'm up for anywhere, and it will just suck to have to pay for it. Since I'm paying, I'm kinda partial to not-Killington, as it's an opportunity to try someplace else. Ascutney has only 5 trails open, but Okemo blew the crap out of the mountain and seems to be surviving the weather quite nicely and is but minutes from UFC's.

I'll bring hiking gear, too, but at least one day (if not both) I'm spending on the slopes unless the weather is like like the last Winter Gathering. Or the one before that. But if it's like the one before *that* just give me face protection and glove warmers and put me on a lift!

Last edited:
FOOD & ENTERTAINMENT

A: Christoper's http://www.christophersvt.com/
Q: Where do we go Friday night?

Ok, so I think Christophers is going to be the best place to go, the food is nasty and wicked expensive, the place is dark and smells horrible, and it's really small so we'll all be cramped - it's perfect!

On a serious note - Ludlow is famous for helping the state borrow licenses from people, you'll want to watch how much you swill if you're planning on steering afterward. There is a "shuttle service" http://www.vtdesignateddrivers.com/ but no taxi's available.

Also....to answer another question - no there will not be TV available to watch football on, I haven't had a tv on in my house in years. Hope you know how to socialize ;)

UNFROZENCAVEMAN said:
there is always delivery.......

How about DiGiorno, if it won't be delivery* UFC?

Ridgewalker

*that is if no one wants it

Last edited: