Winter Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being on the way to work (or already at work) for the sunrise isn't something I'd call bragging (despite the coolness of being out of work at 3pm).
*yawn* ;)

If you do the through hike from Shrewsbury Peak to Killington, be sure to do the short bushwhack from the col to Mendon, if you're interested in peakbagging an NE100 summit.

Last edited:
Had an update from Ascutney regarding groups. It appears that pricing changes at 20.

They do have these specials;
- Telemark Thursdays (tele skiers ski for only $29)
- VT/NH Sundays (VT/NH residents get a 1/2 day lift ticket for only $25 with proof of residency)

The contact there said that she passed on info regarding our gathering to their guy if we were looking for X/C or backcountry spots... (I believe as a knowledge base rather than formal guide/tours). Maybe he likes to party!! :)

Have not heard anything from Killington.

Whoo Hoo! I am up for this one!
Always up for some winter in Vermont.
I volunteer to help with cooking since I can't carry a tune in a bucket! :rolleyes:
But I like beer and dancing! ;)

Christine

UFC----I'm going, already asked for the day off teaching that Sunday....will be my 2nd time to Vermont, 1st time was gathering last Sept 05.....will bring school mascot (stuffed dog)...but...I'm getting my knee scoped for the 3rd time 12/22 and I'll probably do some sight seeing via car or really short walks....any ideas about getting easy views or cool waterfalls that would be easy to hobble to? Tought about postponing the surgery and try to hike...but I don't think I should gamble and become an example of a new thread titled "Stupid Idea"...

DEFINITELY coming! Wouldn't miss it. Gris and I will be coming up on Saturday, around noon. If nothing else, we'll have a good time eating, drinking, hiking, skiing and playing tunes :cool: I wouldn't worry about people coming too much as it's usually a good turnout, and Vermont hasn't had a Winter Gathering IIRC.

gig: not coming? Damn! We spent Saturday practicing and pretty much nailed Opeth's "Blackwater Park" (hehehe)

Last edited:
UNFROZENCAVEMAN said:
anybody actually going to this thing? Just curious, there always seems to be a lot of hype (over things like this) initially then....
I'm tentatively planning on coming (and I didn't even engage in any of the hype... :) ). Final decision will depend on family issues and the weather forecast.

Last winter, some of us arrived a day early to do some lift-served skiing at mid-week prices. I might be interested in doing the same again.

Doug

Pat and I are coming. A piece of your floor has our names on it...right? We'll be staying Friday and Saturday nights.

We're coming up early Friday to ski Killington before the crowds get there.

Will bring a big platter of cold cuts, cheese, rolls, and all the trimmings.

Did I miss instructions on how to contribute to the porta-potty/electrical bill/bail bondsman fund? :D