Winter Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UFC,

We are trying to make it. Weather, ski conditions, hiking plans etc . . . will be final determining factors. I will keep you updated as the date gets closer. If we make it Brian and I will likely camp but Vandana will need a spot on your floor . . . or we may visit and use Toe Cozy's as base camp. Hope to see you in January.

sli74

I'll be there for skiing and definitely revelry! Think "snow" people... :D

Last edited:
Craig and I are planning on going. Do you have enough room on the floor for us????? (Tenting in winter just isn't my idea of fun.)

I'll be there and will tent.

But my bass guitar and amp will want to sleep inside. Is that OK?

cb

Mad Townie said:
I'll be there . . . from about 5 hours away. :eek:
My heart pounds for you!! I'll be traveling another 400-miler!! Come on Gris - let's hear your woes...

UFC - yep, be there as it looks with ski race schedules and all falling into place. We are having a meeting with the coach this weekend so that should help in the pre-planning.

I'm up for floorspace, tent, car, whatever. I'll bring an extension cord and heater!! Thinking I'll get up to ski/board on Friday. Maybe Thursday eve... backcountry over the weekend??

Let's see, what should I bring to eat?? Maybe I'll "stew" up some ideas...

bubba said:
My heart pounds for you!! I'll be traveling another 400-miler!! Come on Gris - let's hear your woes...
Some woes: he gets dropped off at airport, flies to Manchester where he is met by yours truly in a warm car. Gets to spend the next 2+ hours relaxing with my stellar company and driving, has a bed reserved for the weekend, and then gets the chauffeur treatment back to Manchester for his flight back. Methinks he "barely" earns that apron! It's a d@mn good thing that he's an excellent guitarist and better friend!

BTW, MadTownie will shortly be putting together either a post or thread with more information for intruments/gear for the jam session. Keep posted!

Last edited:
SherpaKroto said:
Some woes: he gets dropped off at airport, flies to Manchester where he is met by yours truly in a warm car...
I figured it went something like that!!

Proof of the Iron-man driving theory -- when I get back to WNY I'll get to turn around and drive back to Gore Mtn with Junior Racers the following day!!

MadTownie - you going to ski?? Sherpa's promised his special poles!! :cool:

Giggy, you should make it a weekend getaway WITH the wife.

coldfeet said:
....any ideas about getting easy views or cool waterfalls that would be easy to hobble to?

Yes, there is a spectacular waterfall heading towards Mt. Ellen right on the side of the road - there are views all over the place from the (back) roads - postcard shots everywhere.

Pete_Hickey said:
I'll probably be there if I go.

Right because wherever you go that's where you're at.

cbcbd said:
13/14 right?

I was kinda thinkin along the lines of the 12th, 13th, 14th, & 15th - but it depends on what people are up for - the nights of the 13th and the 14th will have the biggest fires :D

audrey said:
...... A piece of your floor has our names on it...right?...... Did I miss instructions on how to contribute to the porta-potty/electrical bill/bail bondsman fund? :D

Yes, saved you some floor space in the dungeon ;) Food contributions weren't mentioned but we should plan on a potluck (Saturday night?) - I'll have a stove to cook on and a grate to go over a section of the firepit as well, also I can get a spit if people want to do bigger things like entire animals...... As for contributions…read on!

sli74 said:
...We are trying to make it. Weather, ski conditions, hiking plans etc . . . will be final determining factors.....If we make it Brian and I will likely camp but Vandana will need a spot on your floor . . . or we may visit and use Toe Cozy's as base camp.

Enough of the excuses why you might not make it - this is mandatory! :D And I have a spot for Vandana - she has nothing to worry about.

timmus said:
...It's gonna be a short trip for me though, can't stay saturday for the big fiesta :mad:

What the? Can't stay? :confused: Looks like Friday's fire just got bigger - I'll go after more wood! Wait, you ARE going to be down Friday aren't you?

LittleBear said:
...Do you have enough room on the floor for us?????

Yup, I'll put you in the dungeon with the others!! :D

Gris said:
Just for the record - I ain't giving up my bed Caveman!

No worries, you and Sherpa are all set to share the guest bed, just don't share the details with the rest of us :eek:

ChrisB said:
.......my bass guitar and amp will want to sleep inside...cb

No problem.

cont'd

teejay said:
UFC, post your address so we can chip in for the Porta-Potties, electrical bill, bail-bondsman, insurance rider and the lawyer's retainer in advance.

Good idea.

UNFROZENCAVEMAN CHADWICK :D
P.O. Box 366
Proctorsville, VT 05153 - hope nobody online is a PO Box stalker... :eek: :D

I'm a "not for profit entity" so any extra money will be donated to the maintenance of this wonderful site that helps bring us all together. :cool:

bubba said:
...UFC - yep, be there.....Maybe Thursday eve... backcountry over the weekend??

Awesome, glad you are going to be able to make it - come on over Thursday would be happy to accomodate for an extra evening, won't even charge you that much...a couple of extra brownies sounds reasonable! :p You have any extra backcountry gear? I’m a size 44… There is some GREAT terrain for backcountry skiing going right out of my yard – ski out, ski in!

And for anyone else that may be wondering – depending on how much musical gear is here, I think I can accommodate around 25 or 30 people inside – it will not be fancy, you’ll want to bring thermarests, and showers will NOT be included but it WILL be warm. I know I can cover everyone that has asked so far with no problem.

UFC, I'd like to get in on CB's deal: I'll sleep outdoors but my keys and amp need to be inside.

Bubba, my weekend will be something like this: Friday work & drive, Saturday Ellen & Abe, then play some tunes for awhile, Sunday climb Killington then more tunes, Monday drive home. Not much ski time in there for this trip.

Like Sherp said, I'll be posting soon on the music plans. Probably start another thread, since this one's getting kinda long.

Oops, Everest show is on, gotta go.

i theeenks (spoken in Bubbaloo's voice) Shiiizzzy mobile burger extravaganza will be there via direct from Key West Fla!

but what about the newliweds Spencer & Joanna and their frozen concotion that helps me hang on...?

:D :D ;) ;) :cool:

Anyone thinking Ellen and Abe, keep in mind that Lincoln Gap Road is closed for the winter, and by January actually will be undrivable (as opposed to what we saw a few weeks ago, but I digress...)
That means you probably want the Battell Trail and/or Jerusalem Trail, on the west side of the ridge, and whose trailheads are not far from each other and an easy car spot.

If you're driving up from UFC's place to there on Rte 7, when the time comes ask myself or una_dogger about directions to a fantastic bagel place in Middlebury that you'll pass. Bacon-egg-n-cheese, yum!