Winter Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chinooktrail said:
Ok, Let me get this straight;

Sometime between January 12-15th, show up with tent, sleeping bag etc, $$ for porta potty, food to share, my dancing shoes, skiing stuff, sledding stuff, skating stuff, hiking stuff, a huge grin and my sense of adventure. Did I forget anything?

Are pets welcome? In case a doggie rescues me by then?

Christine
I think you got it covered Christine! Saturday will be the "potluck." Feel free to bring friends - including four legged animals, I've a big yard :cool:

:eek:

Oh my gawd, that's disgusting! You should write a song about your six legged friend's! :D

KenG said:
Oh my gawd, that's disgusting! You should write a song about your six legged friend's! :D
Might be distusting, but it gets me lots of room in crowded buses, as well as in crowded lean-tos.

Next time you're in a crowded place, and want more room, start picking bugs out of your hair/beard and step on them. You'd be amazed at how people move away from you.

Uhhggg... Mr. UFC, sir. I guess that means I'm outside all the time now..

#1 & #2

The porta potties got delivered today and let me tell ya, these babies are beauts! We're talking state of the art here folks, with a built in urinal and heavy duty plastic grated floor there's something sure to please everyone! :D

Great! I am looking forward to a trip to Vermont!
I will scan back to get directions, or, I could just cross the river and listen for music... ;)
I will try to scare up a Dawg of some sort to come with me, to help keep the tent a little warmer!
Rippie! Road Trip!
:)

Food!!!

I'm way to busy (maybe lazy) to look back through the tread (a high hitting 8K+ thread, BTW...)

What's everyone planning on bringing?? I've got brownies to get ready and I'll fill in with something else to pass... (Stan, the good ones this time!)

UNFROZENCAVEMAN said:
The porta potties got delivered today and let me tell ya, these babies are beauts! We're talking state of the art here folks, with a built in urinal and heavy duty plastic grated floor there's something sure to please everyone! :D

Next you're going to tell us they're heated, right?

teejay

I'm more curious what he's going to do with them over the next week...

Driving Directions? HELP NEEDED

Well, if I was driving up with MichaelJ, I know he'd have the porta-potties marked on his map. :rolleyes: Since I'm coming solo (Gris is stuck in Florida - poor guy :cool: ) I need good directions right to your doorstep.

All I know so far is that I'm coming up solo on Saturday Morning or Friday afternoon. This is all I know so far:

Directions:
From South: 93 N to 89 N then
EITHER 1) keep on to 91 S and get off at exit 8 (VT Rt 131) to Proctorsville and Rt 103
OR 2) it might be a nice quiet ride to take exit 12a at Georges Mill Rd off Rt 89 and follow Rt 11 South to Rt 103 W through Claremont. At the VT border I believe it becomes VT Rt 31 all the way to Proctorsville and Rt 103

Now all I need to know is which of these dirt roads I take when I get on Rt 103! UFC - help is needed!!!

SK, it's a tough call given where you live, but if you find yourself a little further south before starting, it's much easier and faster to take Rte 2 to I-91 north to Rte 103...

Directions to UFC's

Hopefully UFC will post more definitive directions soon. From I-91, take Exit 8 at Rockingham and follow VT 103 toward Ludlow and Rutland about 20 miles. When you get to Black River Produce, on your right, turn around and go back to the third right turn. Make a hard right onto Bailey Hill Rd. (you will see a sign for Pleasant Valley Rd., Bailey Hill is to the right of that), go up the hill past the cemetary and Steve's is on the right, #373. This is the best I can do since I went there from Rutland. He's in Proctorsville, 05153, if you want to Mapquest it. Bailey Hill also will come out to 103 a mile or two before the hard right but then Steve's will be on the left as you go up Bailey Hill.

I'll be bringing the big coffee pot as well as some salt potatoes for the pot luck.

I mentioned this on the music thread, but will repeat it here. Audrey and I will be bringing some slides and a projector for your viewing pleasure. Could make an interesting game of "What mountain is that?" Most of mine are very old and primarily from the ADKs but with some others thrown in.

teejay

******directions******

373 Bailey Hill Road
Proctorsville, VT 05153
"White Theme" White house, White truck, White car, HUGE White propane tank surrounded by a lot of smaller White propane tanks
PM me for my Cell Phone #

Folks, not sure where you're coming from and there are about a million ways to get here so I'll touch on the basics and if that's not good enough....not sure what to tell you except you should probably learn to read a map! :rolleyes:

Coming down 89 or 91 South:

- If you are coming down 89 South then take it to White River Jct. and get on 91 South take exit 8 Ascutney
- take a RIGHT at the bottom of the ramp onto Rt. 131
- in about 8 miles you will come to a four way intersection with a flashing red light STOP and then proceed straight through the light
- in about 8 miles you will come into a 35 mile/hr. school zone and on your left will be DEPOT St. take that left follow to the end (about 1/2 mile, you will go over a set of railroad tracks)
- take a left at the end of the road then take an immediate hard right up Bailey Hill Road
- you’ll go by a cemetery and my house is the second driveway on the right (about ¼ mile), remember the theme is WHITE

Going up 89 North:

- go to White River Jct. and get on 91 South and follow the above directions - trust me, it's a LOT easier and the same amount of time as going through Sunappe and Claremont even if it is more distance

Heading up 91 North:

- get off exit 6 Bellows Falls
- take a left at the bottom of the ramp onto Route 5
- follow Route 5 which will turn into Route 103, you will have to take a right towards Ludlow/Rutland just before the Jiffy Mart (about 13 miles)
- follow Route 103 for about 9 miles, when the road splits into two lanes and gets steep you are almost there
- at the top of the hill the road will merge back into a single lane and head down a slight hill, at the bottom of the hill (about 1/2 mile) there will be a left hand turn that is Bailey Hill Road, I am the second driveway on the right past the cemetary (if you go too far and miss Bailey Hill Road you will go over a set of railroad tracks, turn around and I'm the third turn on the right AFTER the railroad tracks)

Coming over from NY:

- if you are on Route 4 take a right where it intersects with Route 7 South, if you are on Route 7 South follow down through Rutland and head out of town
- take a left at the intersection of Route 7 and Route 103 (there will be a traffic light) and follow Route 103 South down through Ludlow
- about 3 miles outside of town you will go by the Cavendish Point Hotel (white hotel on your left) and then over a set of railroad tracks
- take the third road on your right after the railroad tracks, Bailey Hill Road (the road is split at the beginning, take the hard right up the hill otherwise you’ll wind up in the sawmill)
- you’ll go by a cemetery and my house is the second driveway on the right (about ¼ mile)

teejay said:
Audrey and I will be bringing some slides and a projector for your viewing pleasure. Could make an interesting game of "What mountain is that?" Most of mine are very old and primarily from the ADKs but with some others thrown in.

teejay

It would be fun if people brought a few favorite slides...last time we did that, I was amazed at how good VFTTers are at identifying the most obscure places!