The Twin Mountains

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yvon

Reaction score
Annie and I did North and South Twin Saturday, June 4.

We started on Haystack Road and we ended at Gale River trailhead parking. When we left the trailhead, the weather was cool but no bugs, maybe it was too cold and too early for them. Arriving at the first crossing, I immediately found the by-pass trail to avoid the 2 first brook crossing. We found this trail very easy to follow and in very good condition. Arriving at the third crossing we had to think and look where to cross the brook without getting our feet wet. We found a place to the left of the regular crossing a tree where we can use it to reach the other side. At the view point, just before the summit of North Twin, with the nice wheater we had and blue sky the view was fantastic. And later I can say as much on the summit of South Twin. From ST summit to Galehead Hut, the trail is quite steep, but we had great views. After taking our lunch at the Hut, we head down to the parking lot of Gale River. Because Sabrina was working on this trail, it had offered to take us back to our car on Haystack Road. Very nice of him, it allowed us to make this trip instead of a roundtrip. Thank you Sabrina it was very nice.
All the trails we have take were dry and in good shape and the river crossings was ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moderator Note
It's long established policy here that we don't allow fundraising threads on VFTT. I've edited the thread to reflect that.

-dave-