Cliff & Redfield

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PINPIN JUNIOR

Reaction score
Hi hikers,

After all the peoples :( cancelled the Saturday hike, when We are (Junior, Queen & Me) front the computer to make a special project for the next Summer, the phone ring
It was Warrior Tuff (Jeff) from Boston area with the plan to hike Cliff, Redfield & Marshall this weekend. :cool:

Few minutes later We have a plan for Saturday Cliff & Redfield from the ADK lodge parking.

In a cold morning, 7 below zero, at 7,40 We started without snowshoes before Avalanche lean-to in very hard base without new snow over.
From this point We took the decision to pass by Arnold Lake in perfect snowshoes tracks.

We passed a couple of Rabbits and We arrived at the Uphill lean-to and saw the trail for Cliff was not broken with a small grove since last hiker.

The snow condition was perfect 4 to 6 inches of powder over a hard base.
Easy to stay in the usual path before the cliff, from this summit We had great time to slalom over the blowdown, We just need to choice the way and alway the snow give Us a perfect support.

Fast hike from the parking, only 3 hours and We can kiss the half plaquette.
Children game to go down the cliff and We take a shortcut to catch the usual Redfield path, the grove was little bit more easy to see in the Redfield path.

We can not hike with the tuff warrior without a special story! :rolleyes:

Just over the big fall Jeff passed in front, 20 fett later He passed through the ice!!!!Fortunately his snowshoes remove a large icy plate, with a fast move He will be out of this cold bath... :confused:

We need 5 to 10 minutes to remove ice from his cloth and snowshoes, after He saw his feet stay dry, just because He had good cloth, goretex pant with gaters over his boots...O.K this bright warrior take the decision He was ready to go up Redfield. :cool:

Same snow condition all the usual path to the Redfield summit, gorgious views in the top, but it was not the time to start to write a novel. We had great time to go down, near where Jeff clean his cloth We meet Nancy and her friend go up, We give the informations and returned at the parking by the same way.

Round trip time:7 h. 50 m.

P.S. When Junior saw Jeff in his bath He asked Me: "Do You thing Jeff use Tide to clean his cloth in cold water :D ?
"I thing Jeff is a member to leave no trace, I never saw bubbles in his bath!!!" :D Alain.

Pinpin Junior and Jeff. ;)

Hey Pin Pin-I was one of those "rabbits" you "streaked" by on the way to Lake Arnold. I felt like a broken down Dodge being passed by a Porsche! :D Always nice to see a Legend in the woods.

We were hoping you were going to break trail for us going up Grey,but ,we had a great hike up Grey and then over Marcy via the ridge. What a perfect day-weather wise!